NewGenApps worked with WH Smith, the retail giant, on a project Skool.ae - an e-commerce portal specifically for stationary products from WHSmith as a new subsidiary. NewGenApps was hired to develop the solution.
WHSmith approached NewGenApps to develop the solution. The main task was to link all the big physical stores in UAE, WHSmith is running with the online store to have in sync mapping with the internal ERP system of WHSmith maintained for UAE stores. WHSmith also wanted to have a system from which they can mass upload the products instead of doing one-on-one process.
NewGenApps developed the ecommerce portal for WHSmith and hosted it under their new subsidiary named as Skool. Also, developed extensions which can managed the multiple warehouse support and nearest location inventory management for all the products which are listed on the ecommerce website.
The main features which NewGenApps implemented apart from the general eCommerce portal features are:
- Click & collect shipping method: Easy one step process
- Multiple Warehouse: Automatic multiple warehouse inventory management
- Mass stock uploads: Easy and friendly method to mass upload stock using CSV
- Product Import: Mass product import by customers to have easy import
- Responsive: Website is mobile friendly and easy to access
The website is live and working at skool.ae and running successfully at the UAE location. For the future release NewGenApps is working on the real time sync with the WHSmith ERP system.
The client is impressed by the quality and timeliness of the project and we are happy to be their Technology partners.