In a day, you use various applications innumerable times on your mobile. The demand for mobile applications is also increasing as the need for them is increasing. They help a lot in making your work easy. Amidst the pandemic, when the whole world is walking towards the digital age, mobile applications play a significant role.
Have you ever thought about how these applications work? How is it programmed? In this article, we shall tell you which are the top programming languages that are used for app development.
The top programming language used for the development of mobile applications
There are a number of different programming languages out there. If you are a business-person or someone who wants to take up application development as a career, it is important for you to know a bit about the languages most prevalent in the market right now.
Factors like pros, cons, utility, management, and so on should be considered if you are thinking from a business perspective. As an application designer, you need to understand which language is the most useful right now, what its characteristics are, and how useful it can be. Below is a list of some of the top program languages which are the best and are used for developing mobile apps:
- Java Script
- HTML 5
- Objective C
- Action Script
Next, we will take a detailed look at them. We will go through the pros and cons of some of the languages down below. We will also look at their utility in the development of applications.
It is an important tool for programming and will probably survive till the date people use the internet. It swiftly runs on different applications and environments beyond browsers. It can be compiled using a vast collection of the language used for programs.
- It is adaptable and universal.
- It can be used through Node.js.
- It is faster and does not need to be compiled.
- It is too straightforward, which makes it easy to work.
- In some cases, it can be manipulated and used for vicious motives.
- Specific browser support issues also surface at times.
Kotlin is one of the developed editions of Java. It is a widely-used programming language for Android applications and is statistically typed. It is the best language that is used for apps. It also can create an impact on other languages of programming, resulting in the creation of strong and high-performing applications. Some of the prominent apps that are built using Kotlin are Trello, Coursera, Evernote, etc.
- It has a clean and sensitive syntax efficiency.
- It can very quickly overrule the deficiencies of Java.
- It has got full support from Google and IED installation packages, which include android and SDK toolkit.
- It can generate easy and tidier codes than Java.
- Being new to the market, it is hard to learn.
- At times you may find it running slow.
- If you want to develop apps, then resources for learning this app are limited.
C++ is an ethical option for mobile app language development. It has a less manipulative feature with low memory. It is also generic and an object-oriented language. It is commonly used in android apps and gaming. Even GUI-based apps, mathematical apps, and banking apps use C++. As it is adaptable to changing hardware, it is widely used in cloud computing apps also.
- It has many in-built libraries and compilers that make it safe and fast.
- Garbage collectors do not run in the background.
- If you want to develop an app language, it will be easier for you to learn C, C#, or JAVA if you know C++.
- Apps using C++ can run on any platform using any hardware.
- It has a complex syntax with a tiny and standard library.
- It doesn’t support garbage collection.
- It doesn’t have a dynamic memory allocation.
It is a broadly used programming language to formulate web applications, media tools, and desktop apps. The applications that use Python are YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest. It is popular for its enhanced and efficient control abilities, top-class library support, and superb integration. It is ideal for start-ups.
- It is effortless to use and easy to learn, with extraordinary readability.
- It also supports various systems and platforms.
- It is very flexible for programming.
- It takes much time to execute.
- It is not at par in creating modern mobile applications.
- It has many drawbacks related to data access.
PHP is the best-proposed language for mobile apps. It needs database access. It is an open-source language and is used for a number of things, including scripting for command-line and server-side and coding applications. The arena in which it is widely used are:
- E-commerce apps
- Content-heavy apps
- Dynamic web apps
- Simple mobile apps.
Thus, given the characteristics, PHP is ideal for developing apps and sites with loads of information like Facebook, Wikipedia, Yahoo.
- It is a platform-independent and compatible language.
- It can load quickly, even with a slow internet connection.
- It has built-in security features.
- As it is an open-source language, it can be exploited easily.
- It is not adequate for large apps.
- It is difficult to maintain and needs proper error handling.
If you are a language programmer, you need to choose the right programming language to develop the app. Though different languages come with their own set of pros and cons, evaluating the ones that would be the most beneficial in your line of work is important.
In the era that we live in, there is a constant rise in the demand for apps. As long as that demand prevails, there will be a wider range of languages for app development out there.