- Google announced update to its Cloud SQL, which, as its name implies, is a MySQL database that lives in Google’s cloud. The highlights are this: 10 times more storage, faster reads, faster writes, EU datacenter availability, integration with Google Apps Script, and a way to try it all out with a six-month trial. For more details read Google introduces six-month trial for Cloud SQL, ups storage 10x to 100GB, adds EU datacenter
- Graphics chip giant Nvidia chief executive Jen-Hsun Huang said in a conference call with analysts today that consumers realize “a great tablet is better than a cheap PC.” Read more Nvidia CEO: Consumers realize a great tablet is better than a cheap PC
- Today, Twilio has struck yet another deal, this time with the mobile app platform, Parse, which has resulted in the launch of Twilio Cloud Module and will make Twilio’s voice and messaging APIs available to users of Parse’s Cloud Code. Read full story Twilio & Parse Launch Cloud Module To Bring Scalable Back-End Support, Telephony Services To Mobile Developers
- Automattic, the company behind the popular WordPress content management and blogging platform, just launched Jetpack 2.0, which brings a number of WordPress.com features to self-hosted WordPress installs. For detailed features read Automattic Launches Jetpack 2.0 For Self-Hosted WordPress Sites, Includes Free WP.com Image Offloading, Infinite Scroll & More
- Microsoft smartphones have had a rough time on Verizon Wireless over the last few years. The one Windows Phone 7 smartphone last year was the HTC Trophy and it didn’t sell well. Do we really need to say anything about the Kin? Now Microsoft’s partners and Verizon Wireless have planned a grand reunion as the company announces multiple Windows Phone 8 exclusives. Full story covered in Verizon announces Windows Phone 8 exclusives, pre-order availability
Subscribe to Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter for Latest Updates, Special Discounts, and much more.