In today’s world of fast-changing technology, the application of enterprise mobility in an organization is inevitable because of the fact that the trends of doing business have changed. Business activity is no longer restricted within the boundaries of a company. Today the organization and its employee prefer to perform business tasks from anywhere with the help of their mobile devices and at any time to save time and money, this calls for the need for an effective enterprise mobility approach.
Enterprise mobility can be described as an approach with reference to the employees of an organization, with respect to the information they access using various devices and applications, from anywhere and at any point of time, for the purpose of making a business decision.
The devices which the employees use for accessing information can be for example a mobile device, or a smartphone, or maybe a tablet.
Know how to market your app once its developed. Download our guide to mobile app marketing today.
What is the need to go for enterprise mobility in an organization?
The answer to this question can be ascertained from the benefits a company can get by using enterprise mobility which is as follows:
- An increase in productivity of employees: The use of enterprise mobility gives the flexibility to employees to connect with each other at any time or at any place and at any point of time to perform the desired business tasks, thus they can be productive and are not restricted to any time factor.
- Increase quality service: The application of enterprise mobility in the organization helps the employees to a very great extent, to get access to updated information, it helps them to finalize a deal with the client quickly, thus enabling them to provide quality service to the company as well as to the clients.
- Reduced operational cost: Since nowadays most of the employees prefer to work from home and therefore they don’t need to be present in the boundaries of the organisation to share the information with other employees, or to get access to any information from their colleagues, thus this helps in reducing the operational cost to a great extent additional the companies have shared workplaces where they can share any business information.
- Empower the field workers: It gives the mobility of the field workers of the company so that they can update their fieldwork fast, share and report to the management of any kind of challenges or problems concerned with the business of the company, or report to their head of the department in case a fast decision is required to be made, etc.
- Provide customer satisfaction: With the application of enterprise mobility the company is able to make communication with their customers fast, the communication could be for example for addressing their complaints, for taking any action that is required to be taken for handling any problem of the customer quickly, and for providing information to the customers about any offer which is being launched by the company or any discounts the company is giving .
An effective enterprise mobility needs an effective mobile strategy which no doubt is meant for managing mobile devices of the organization, but it is more important role lies in helping the business to integrate and deliver new and innovative services fast. The enterprise mobile strategy should be able to open doors to explore new opportunities for the company, and should not restrict its employees to get access to the business information they require at any point in time, and the various modes they can use for example using mobile devices or tablet or a Smartphone which could go for a slowdown in business.
But at the same time, the security issue is of prime importance, for the simple reason, that if the information has to be passed to the employees it has to be done with utmost security, so as to protect it from your competitors.
Steps to Successful Enterprise Mobility
Thus in order to enrich your business for providing new innovating services to your clients, you need to devise an effective enterprise mobility management strategy, and for that, the company requires a six-step process guide which helps you to go for an effective enterprise mobility solution, and that can be studied in the following points:
- Define your business goals and objectives: Before you start with this step you should have a proper visualization in your mind of the desired results you want to achieve. When you start with the building of enterprise mobile strategy, you have to consider the following questions, for example, how do your employees and customer’s line up with your business? , how do your customers use your main products or services? What’s the need for developing new application or interfaces? Does your company have the enterprise mobility required to raise new business opportunities for its business?
- Choose the right experience: This basically goes to decide between two approaches, with reference to building a mobile app. The first approach is going for building a mobile website which should be able to run on all small screens of a mobile device, which can be accessed at any point of time, and by the web browser of any mobile device. The second approach pertains for building a local mobile app. In this approach, a custom application is built meant for a specific device, and the user needs to download the app and needs to install the app before using the device.
- The pros and cons of the mobile web: The pros for mobile websites are that they are considered as easy to build and change and are easy to access irrespective of the device you are Additionally, the users don’t need to download any app in their devices to use them. But if we go for the cons of a mobile website, they are considered for catering the needs for casual users, but in order to fulfill the requirements of customers, employees or partners you require a native app. Moreover mobile website requires an internet connection and as a matter of fact, if the user is in an area with a weak connection then it’s difficult for him to get access to the website.
- The pros and cons of a native mobile app: Pros of native mobile app lie in generating customers regularly and is a hub for information for the employees and partners. In case the device is in the area of low bandwidth a native mobile app helps in processing and storage of local data to cater to this situation. If we go for the cons then the fact is the native mobile app is meant for specific devices, and as such it might be difficult to port an app from one platform to another.
- Stay focussed the device is one thing but managing information is everything: This is one of the most important point in guiding for an effective enterprise mobility solution, since you have to manage everything, right from managing devices, applications, to managing content, while keeping in mind that the information that is being accessed by the devices, application or for content is also secured from outside entities at the same time. For making it sure that the information is secured you need to know what is happening to the data which is being used on the mobile devices? What type of information do people want on their device? And how do they utilize the information?
- Take control from end to end strategy: This point primarily goes to make sure that the information is accessed by the right people and should be the correct information for them, and also the organization adheres to the security policies prescribed for the organization for the sharing of information on various devices. It also intends to secure the transactions between the client and backend servers.
No doubt that it’s a challenging route towards an effective enterprise mobility solution, but after going through the above points you will get guidance which shall be used for your company in carrying out a productive enterprise solution. If you need any help then simple get in touch with us.